- Sherwood Schwartz will be inducted into the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences on December 9, 2008. (Press Release)
- We have just learned that Eve Plumb appeared on Days of Our Lives on Friday, August 29th. She played a patient of Diedre Halls' named Dora. Unfortunately, at this point it was a one-episode appearance, but if we hear about it turning into a recurring role we will let you know. You can read an interview that Eve did related to the appearance. She mentions in her interview that she will have a art gallery showing at the Bonner David Gallery in Scottsdale during the month of October.
- TV Sets: Holiday Treats - a new DVD with holiday episodes from 8 classic television shows, including The Brady Bunch. This DVD set is expected to be released on October 7th.
(Source of News).
- Check out the June 23, 2008 issue of People Magazine that looks at child stars then and now.
- The backdrop of "Outsider's Inn" (8 episodes) is a local inn called "Christopher Place" in Newport, TN. Though the inn is closed to the public, they will be filming at Fiddler's Roost near Parrotsville on Sunday.
(Source of News)
- Los Angeles Times reviews "A Very Brady Musical".
- The Hallmark Channel presents a new movie this Fall called, "Ladies of the House," about three women (Pam Grier, Florence Henderson and Donna Mills) who work on a home renovation project sponsored by their church.
- Florence is the recipient of a Gracie Awards for Outstanding Host related to The Florence Henderson Show on the Retirement Living Channel.
- Florence will be inducted into the Indiana Hall of Fame on June 19, 2008.
(Source of News)
- ATAS names the 2008 inductees into the Television Hall of Fame. Included in this year's list is Sherwood Schwartz. (More Details).
- Florence Henderson & other great looking Legendary Ladies from TV & Films were honored by the Smithsonian for being pioneer women in television, stage and films. They are the legendary ladies who have become showbiz icons-- Carol Channing, Florence Henderson, Julie Newmar, Esther Williams, Tippi Hedren, June Lockhart and Rose Marie. These seven stars were recently honored by the Smithsonian National Museum of American History, which will showcase mementos from their enduring careers in permanent exhibits.
(Read Full Story)
- TV Squad has done an in-depth interview with Barry.
- Christopher attended the Pacific Life Open tennis match this weekend and mydesert.com did an interview with him.
- Ventura County Star interviewed Barry about his feelings about The Brady Bunch and his current production Married Alive.
- The OC Register explores the journey of Laurence Juber as he goes from a small boy, to lead guitarist for Paul McCartney's band Wings, to writing musical scores for the Brady Bunch and Gilligan's Island. Its a story...of hardwork, love and fate.
- In honor of Sherwood's receiving a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the Archive of American Television has dug out a comprehensive interview with Sherwood Schwartz. Aside from discussing the creation of his classics, Gilligan's Island and The Brady Bunch, Sherwood Schwartz candidly described writing for comedic legends Bob Hope, Milton Berle, Red Skelton, and working on such series as I Married Joan and It's About Time. The 6-hour interview (12 parts) was conducted by Dan Pasternack on September 17, 1997.
- TVLand has done many classic tv actor interviews in recent years, including Florence Henderson.
- Maureen McCormick made her debut as an "Access Hollywood" guest correspondent Thursday interviewing Miley and Billy Ray Cyrus, two-part interview. In addition, Maureen will also be covering the red carpet and conduct backstage interviews at the upcoming CMT Awards for "Access Hollywood." on April 14th
(Read Full Article)
- The Kansas City Star wrote-up a review about Barry's new production 'Married Alive'. (Read Article).
- EW.com does a really good chat with Maureen. Learn about Gone Country, her book, and what the future might hold. (Read Article).
- GridSkipper.com has put together a travel guide to Honolulu, based on the Bradys trip. If you are traveling to Hawaii and want to walk in their steps, this is a useful article.
- Mahalo Daily recently did an interview with Barry about his new website. (Check it out!)
- Allan Melvin who portrayed Sam (the "Butcher") Franklin on The Brady Bunch has passed away from cancer, he was 85. Allan was also known for his work on the Andy Griffith Show. (Read Full Story)
- We have learned that both Susan Olsen and Eve Plumb have filmed segments of Florence Henderson's new show on the Retirement Living Network. Read Full Article that discusses Florence's plans for the show and the celebrities she hopes to bring on-board.
- Also, two galleries have agreed to represent Eve Plumb's artistic work. Bonner David Galleries in Scottsdale, AZ and Gallery 1401 in Chattanooga, TN.